It is that time of the year again when our thoughts turn to preparing for next year and therefore school uniform. During Covid times, we relaxed our approach to the school uniform to make life a little easier for families. However, post Covid, as things return to normal so will our school uniform expectations. We ask that parents and cares help us maintain our high standards by supporting the wearing of the correct uniform.
Our branded school uniform can be purchased direct from Rosebuddies Online Shop (https://rosebuddiesonline.co.uk/Schoolwear/Holywell-Primary-School)
Alternatively, non branded items that fit the below description are perfectly acceptable.
Everyday School Uniform
In warmer weather
In colder weather
Children are to continue to wear PE school uniforms to school on the days that they have PE.
Now that the weather has turned cooler and wetter, please note the following for your child during their PE lessons. Please be reminded that the PE kit includes a white t-shirt with a sweatshirt and jogging bottoms/leggings/shorts, which should be plain (or have the Holywell logo) BLACK, or NAVY only.
· Children may wear a white, navy, or black base layer to wear under their white PE t-shirt.
· Children need to wear a plain or Holywell navy or black sweatshirt or hoodie that is sufficient for the weather.
Woolen or knitted jumpers/cardigans are not appropriate PE kits.
· Earrings must be removed for PE. Whilst tape can be applied after a piercing for 1 term, it is otherwise not advisable for PE. Children must provide their own tape or they will be unable to fully participate in lessons.
· Hair must be tied back and out of children’s eyes. Sports hairbands are a great solution for children with shorter hair. Please encourage your child to have a spare hair bobble in their bag at all times.
· Coats will not be permitted to be worn during PE, but when the weather is very cold, fingerless gloves and a woolly hat may be worn.
· Please do not send your child to school with patterned or branded sportswear for their PE kit.
· Trainer laces should be double-knotted at the start of the day. Students with untied or very loose laces risk falling or hurting their ankles, which will impact their ability in PE.
We do offer a 2nd Hand Uniform Shop a few times throughout the school year. Please contact the School Office for more details